Would you like to organise an event to support Florence Nightingale Hospice but have no idea where to start?
A Strawberry Squeeze is a simple and sociable event idea which Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity has designed to provide a theme and fundraising ideas for those looking for inspiration.
Anyone can hold a strawberry-themed social event for friends and family – from a strawberry daiquiri cocktail evening to a strawberry-themed afternoon tea – which can raise money for vital hospice care in Buckinghamshire.
Here’s how to do it!
- A handful of friends
- A venue
- A date
- Strawberry-themed food or drink
- A Strawberry Squeeze event pack for ideas (fill in the form below to request one,
or phone us on 01296 429 975)
And cook up:
- £13 for a Comfort Pack for Hospice patients
- £56 for Afternoon Tea for patients and families for a week
- £74 for a person to spend a day at Day Hospice
“The provision of tea/coffee and cakes for all visitors is so welcoming and makes you feel like you are at home and able to offer your hospitality.”
Come along to the Strawberry Squeeze Launch at Florence Nightingale Hospice on Tuesday 1st May from 12.30pm for more ideas and inspiration. More information can be found on our Facebook event page here.
Why not enter the Strawberry Squeeze Cake-baking Competition on Tuesday 1 May at the Hospice? Click here to see the Competition Rules and how to enter.
Why not try one of the following event ideas?
- Strawberry Bake-off
- Cream Tea, complete with strawberry jam, of course!
- Knit and natter - with strawberry-themed crafts, and food
- Picnic at the park - with games and races for the kids
- Strawberry bake sale
- Jam and jelly party
- Daiquiri and Chocolate Party - strawberry daiquiris and a chocolate fountain with strawberries to dip in: yummy!
- Strawberry-themed Moveable Feast - each host does a different course in their own home, with the whole party moving on to another house for each course!
- Ask for an Entry Donation
- Have a Raffle or Tombola - ask each guest to bring one item to the party (maybe even something bought from a Florence Nightingale Hospice Shop!) and use the items for the raffle or tombola.
- Have a bake sale as part of your social
- Get your guests to enter the Strawberry Sweepstake - everything you need is in the Strawberry Squeeze pack which you can request below or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll send you one.
- Charge guests £1 to enter a Strawberry Quiz or other games or competitions such as a strawberry and spoon race or Hunt the Strawberry!
Even if your Squeeze only raises £50, this will cover the cost of the daily Afternoon Tea in the In-Patient Unit, which means so much to patients and their visitors.
"Having a cup of tea and cake served at 3.00pm was a blessing."
FNHC will provide you with a Strawberry Squeeze pack which has lots of fun ideas for fundraising and recipes for catering as well as a checklist for organisers from start to finish.